GENERAL RULES ON ENERGY EFFICIENCY AT HOMES
Paying attention that white appliances are of ENERGY EFFICIENT CLASS as they are bought;
- Depending on the product class, A/A+/A++/A++/A+++ signs on white appliances point to the lowest energy consumption. We thus have to prefer WHITE APPLIANCES that use minimum energy when we buy them.
- Leaving at least 5 centimeter vacant space at the back and on the sides when placing white appliances.
- Making building isolation.
- Using double-glaze windows or weather strips for windows.
- Leaving vacant space in front of the radiator.
- Installing thermostatic valves on radiators. (this will allow adjusting room temperatures).
- Do not frequently open or close oven lid and do not leave the lid open for a long time!
- You reduce oven temperature by 15 degrees by using glass and ceramic ovenware!
- Turn off the oven a few minutes before the cooking time, your meal will continue to be cooked!
- Do not perform pre-heating unless necessary!
- You can cook several meals simultaneously in the oven, so that you will have performed more work in lesser time!
- Cooking meals at lower temperatures will take time but their taste will increase!
- Close the lids of pans or broilers, so that their vapor will not go away! (“Close the lid and do not let energy to vaporize”).
- Fill up the machine, let it run will full capacity!
- Use economic and short programs, you will save time!
- Prefer lower temperature, so that your laundries will not wear-off!
- Perform maintenance for your machines regularly, their lifetime will increase!
- Prefer front-loaded models instead of top-loaded models!
- Use less detergent and protect your health!
- Lower temperature means laundries will have longer lifetime.
- Short programs will save both money and time.
- Do not wash your dishes with hand, use a machine!
- Fill up the machine, let it run will full capacity!
- Connect the water inlet to hot water!
- Use a program with economic rotation and low temperature, you dishes will become spotlessly clean!
- The most efficient washing temperature for dishes is 50 degrees.
- Do not forget to clean the filter and discharge sections!
- Adjust the freezer and cooling temperatures correctly.
- The temperature of the cooling department should be 4-5 degrees and that of the freezer department should be -20 -18 degrees.
- Do not place the refrigerator close to other electricity appliances; this will reduce the refrigerator’s temperature!
- Keep it away from places receiving sunlight, radiators and sources of heat so that your energy consumption will decrease by 25%.
- Keep it full and place its contents orderly as much as possible!
- Place food in refrigerator in closed cans and do not leave its door open.
- Do not open and close the refrigerator door frequently!
- Place your food in the refrigerator after they become cold, so that neither your food nor your refrigerator will get corrupt.
- Regularly clean and perform maintenance for your refrigerator!
- Choose a cooler at desired dimensions, more is not needed!
- Models with deep freezers at the top or bottom are more efficient than the ones having them laterally.
- Close the television from its button, not using the remote controller! (this is not the case for LED, LCD and plasma televisions).
- Keep television sound low!
- Air Conditioner
- Use and air conditioner with an electronic thermostat!
- Use it when necessary in a controlled manner!
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance on it!
- Place its external unit in a protected location!
- Do not let your air conditioner receive direct sunlight.
- Prefer low capacity models that conforms to the surrounding space!
Electric Water Heater (Kettle)
- Unplug your device when not in use!
- Frequently clean the accumulating limes and residues!
- Use the device with a filter!
- Heat only the needed water amount!
- Choose a model with vapor adjustment and high vapor capacity!
- It is important that it has thermostat adjustment!
- Iron your laundries are wet, they can be ironed easier!
- It is base material should be scratch-proof coating!
- It is important that it can clean the lime layer on its own!
- Empty its bag frequently!
- Renew worn-out brushes!
- Prefer vacuum cleaners with water reservoirs instead of those with bags!
- Do not forget to clean the engine, brush and pipe departments!
- Keep in mind that vacuum cleaners can also operate at lower power!
- Dry your hair thoroughly with towel and then use the machine!
- Try drying at low temperature and for shorter time, you can also prevent damages to your hair by doing this!
Electric Heaters (Water Heater, Boilers)
- Your water heater should be close to the place of use (maximum 6 meters)
- Do not forget to have your hot water pipes isolated!
- Adjust the thermostat temperature to a maximum of 50 degrees!
- Do not forget to power-off water heaters such as geysers and boilers when going to holiday!
- Attach non-return valves to hot and cold water connections!
- Pay attention to water leakages, repair if any!
- Operate boilers when they are full.
- Make sure to switch-off any lamp you are not using!
- Try to utilize solar energy; this is also important for your health!
- Use controlled lighting and energy saving bulbs!
- Use partial lighting instead of general lighting at home!
- Use a lamp with high power instead of several ones with low powers!
- Try not to make decorative lighting!
- Lighting yourself efficiently if you do not want the dark.
- Efficient lamp means efficient energy.
- Make use of daylight and use lighting with sensors.